About our company
SSRC is a full-service research and evaluation consulting agency, headed by Ph.D.-level researchers, each with over 15 years' experience in evaluation, statistical analyses, research design and measurement, writing/editing, and producing manuscripts for publication.
SSRC provides services domestically and internationally.
Deanne Samuels, Ph.D.
Dr. Samuels, a Harvard-educated researcher, has over 20 years of research and evaluation experience, including extensive experience in guiding and strengthening teams on M&E systems development, building local staff capacity on data collection and analysis, and developing and implementing baseline and endline evaluations for a range of public health projects. Responsibilities have included development of research designs and protocols, leadership on evaluative and operational research, and implementation and oversight of research studies. She has co-authored a number of manuscripts in peer-reviewed journals as well as evaluation reports. She has worked extensively with dissertation students, and is a Chair on dissertation committees at Nova Southeastern University.
Terri Jennings, Ph.D.
Dr. Jennings has over 15 years’ expertise in research methods design, data analysis, quality assurance and interpretation, assessment design, and database management. She has conducted cross-sectional and outcome analyses for intervention studies and provided assistance with measurement design and evaluation, interpretation and write-up of results for manuscripts. She has created data management and assessment systems including databases, training of staff, quality assurance systems and scoring. Analytic strategies include: multiple regression, logistic regression, ANOVA, ANCOVA, MANOVA, MANCOVA, repeated measures ANCOVA, Structural Equation Modeling, factor analysis, cluster analyses, scale construction, and growth curve analysis. She has worked extensively with dissertation students.
Dr. Jennings also runs a successful private practice, specializing in equine-facilitated psychotherapy and evaluation for children, adolescents and adults.
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Oversight and support for M&E in several countries in Asia, Africa and the U.S. on the development of M&E systems, including tools, MIS, staffing, verification strategies
- Coordination, design and implementation of project baseline, mid-term and final evaluations
- Cross-sectional and outcome analyses for intervention studies and chart review studies
- Data management and assessment systems including databases, training of staff, quality assurance systems and scoring
- Statistical interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Survey development and psychometric testing
- Designed and implemented interventions for a school based career intervention based on social learning theory
- Developed an African-based educational/cultural curriculum for junior high school-aged children
- Development of a smoking cessation intervention for adolescents
- Project liaison/manager for S. Africa and Trinidad intervention projects
- Medication adherence in a pilot intervention targeting low income patients
- Feasibility of an internet-based intervention for improving diabetes outcomes among low-income patients
- Short and long-term outcomes from a multi-session education program targeting low-income, minority patients
- Reports for PEPFAR and USAID on sexual violence against women and girls in Haiti and effects of stigma on PMTCT
- Book chapter on vulnerability and risk factors among Haitian adolescents
- Editor for textbook chapters on care for aging clients
- Management/writing of the production of national guidelines and training tools on HIV care and treatment for Zambia and South Africa
- Picture/coloring book for helping parents and children with disclosure of HIV infection
Grant writing topics
- Medication adherence & diabetes management
- Gang violence reduction
- Early education program for migrant children and low income children
- Offender re-entry and substance abuse treatment
Emma Ergon, Ph.D., has a doctorate in Comparative Sociology. Her expertise is in the areas of qualitative analysis, urban analysis, community development, ethnography, oral histories, and conducting focus groups.
Vikash Kumar is a development professional with a multidisciplinary background in social work and population studies. He is specialized in setting up automated referencing system in MS Word and Mendeley. He is also skilled in working with large databases in Excel, setting up questionnaires in Survey Monkey, and using NVivo for data analysis and literature review.
Supria Sarma, Ph.D., has a B.S. in biology from Yale University and a doctorate in immunology. She is a technical writer with a number of academic publications in the biological sciences to her credit. She has worked in the field of global health, developing, adapting and pilot testing curricula, training manuals, toolkits and evaluation tools in family planning and HIV prevention. She has also developed content for a health and wellness website on physical and emotional health, stress reduction, heart health, and diabetes prevention.